Last Updated June 2016
This privacy explains how BeerMe (“BeerMe” or “we” the “app”) collects and uses disclosed information about you when you use our mobile application, visit our website or use our other online products or services (collectively, our “Services”) or when you otherwise interact with BeerMe.
This policy describes The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, and register with, access or use BeerMe, our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and/orin e-mail, text and other electronic communications sent through, or in connection with, this App. Our websites and apps and these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including the following:
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your usage of our Services, such as what you order at a participating business, how long you stay at a participating business after checking in and what goodies you send to or receive from other users.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information. In addition, our Services may access your mobile device’s native phonebook and image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of our Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may get information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties that help maintain and monitor usage of our Services or that process your payment transactions.
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you directly give us. For example, we collect information about you when you register on our Services, update your account, check-in with a participating business, pay for goods and services at a participating business, send or receive gifts (“goodies”) through the Service, contact customer support, give feedback about our Services or otherwise interact with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, mobile phone number, age, sex, image and any other information you choose to provide.
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Provide our Services and notices related thereto
- Analyze, improve, and customize our Service
- Provide customer and technical support for our Services
- Send you receipts, announcements, newsletters, promotional materials, and other information about our Services and third-party products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- Detect, prevent, and investigate actual or suspected fraud, hacking, infringement, or other misconduct involving our Services
- Collect fees and other amounts owed in connection with our Services
- Collect information about your activities over time and across third-party apps or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual or device without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of BeerMe’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BeerMe about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App’s Terms and Conditions and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BeerMe our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices: Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect
Location Information. When you first launch our mobile application, you may be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. You may turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your mobile device. If you do so, certain features of our mobile applications will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile application from your device.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from BeerMe by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Push Notifications and Alerts. With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at 100 Timber Ridge Road Newton, PA 18940
Data Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.